Sienna X Spray Tanning at Segais Beauty Salon in Didcot
Bronzed and beautiful is a must when you choose a spray tanning treatment at Segais Beauty Salon in Didcot.
With the scare of skin damage from UV and sunbeds, sunless spray tanning is the way forward. Gone are the days when fake tanning turned you orange! Men and women can now achieve the perfect shade with spray tanning – a quick and effective treatment that takes less than 30 minutes.
If you are looking for fantastic spray tanning services in Didcot,we are pleased to announce that we now offer the luxurious Sienna X spray tan products at our Didcot beauty salon!
Book your spray tanning service in Didcot by calling us now on 01235 223826 or book your beauty appointment online. Did you know we offer IPL laser hair removal and bikini wax treatments too?
Top Tanning Services In Your Area
Oxfordshire and surrounding areas
Spray Tanning – Frequently Asked Questions
How do I prepare for my spray tanning service at Segais Beauty Salon in Didcot?
- Wax at least 48 hours or shave at least 24 hours prior to application to ensure that you do not get the dotting effect caused by open pores!
- Exfoliate before treatment using a body scrub to scrub away those dead skin cells and get your skin in its best condition for your Sienna X Spray Tan!
- Apply moisturiser the night before your spray tan treatment to ensure your skin is smooth and ready to take the tan evenly, remembering to pay attention to those stubborn areas such as elbows, knees, hands and ankles.
- We recommend that you use oil free moisturising products, so that they do not leave an oil barrier on your skin.
What should I do on the day of my spray tan?
- Avoid bath or shower gels that contain oils or moisturisers and try to leave at least 30 minutes between showering and your spray tan appointment.
- Ensure that you have removed any deodorant, moisturisers, perfume, make-up and jewellery.
- Avoid white or your best underwear as these will be stained by the spray tan. Your beauty therapist can provide disposable underwear if you prefer.
What should I do after my Sienna X Spray Tan?
- Wear loose, dark clothing and remember your flip flops!
- Avoid wearing a bra as the straps can rub and mark the tan.
- Avoid scratching or rubbing your tan to stop smudges or streaking.
- Avoid excessive exercise as this will cause perspiring and will affect the result of the tan.
- Do not apply any moisturisers; make up, perfume or deodorants until you have showered after your Spray Tan treatment.
- Wait at least 6 hours before you shower and use a mild shower gel, no scrubs! Always remember to pat dry – avoiding rubbing.
- Never exfoliate straight after a spray tan… wait for 7 days for a long-lasting, even looking spray tan.
- Always remember to use an oil-free moisturiser to keep your skin hydrated. The softer and more hydrated your skin, the longer your tan will last and the more even and natural it will look.
- Avoid sleeping on light coloured sheets as your spray tan may leave marks.
- Avoid hair removal creams as they promote exfoliation and shorten the life of your Sienna X spray tan.
- Avoid a long soak in the bath, as this will shorten the length of your tan.
How does spray tanning work?
Spray tanning is quick, safe and effective. Spray tanning uses an active ingredient called dihydroxyacetone or DHA to enhance the colour of your skin. This is achieved by the technician using a low-pressure spraying machine.
DHA is a colourless sugar-based product which interacts with the proteins and amino acids in the outer layer of your skin to turn it a golden-brown colour. The solution that is sprayed onto your skin is a guide for the technician. The colour will develop over a period of 6-8 hours. You will then need to shower and this guide colour will wash off and you will be left with flawless, natural looking golden tan.
Is it safe to have a spray tan?
All our ingredients are completely natural. The DHA is extracted from natural sugar cane and is recommended by the American FDA for safe tanning. If you are pregnant or concerned about skin allergies you may want to check with your GP before having your spray tan.
How long will my spray tan last?
The time varies from person to person but generally a tan will last between 5 – 10 days, dependant on your lifestyle. We recommend that you prepare your skin properly before the tan using oil free products and to moisturise well after the treatment. A sunless tan will fade gradually just like a real tan as the top layer of your skin naturally sheds its dead skin cells.
What will happen during my spray tanning treatment at Segais Beauty Salon in Didcot?
Your tan technician will offer you a patch test to check your skin for allergies or sensitivities, followed by a consultation. You will be asked to undress and be offered disposable underwear and asked to remove any jewellery.
Your spray tanning technician will apply a barrier cream to areas that do not need a tan, such as finger nails and toe nails. You will then be asked to stand in a tanning cubicle while a gentle stream of tanning lotion is carefully sprayed onto your face and body.
Do I have to remove all my clothes for a spray tan?
This is entirely up to you. We can provide disposable underwear or you can go topless or, alternatively, you can wear dark shorts or swimwear. Don’t worry about standing around for a long time waiting to dress, as you can dress immediately after the treatment.
What shade will my tan be?
Your Segais tanning expert can talk to you about the shades available. These range from lightly bronzed to darker tan shades.
Will my spray tan be streaky or bright orange?
There’ll be no Mr Dickinson here! Gone are the days of foul smelling, streaky and bright orange tans! We offer amazing Spray Tanning services in Didcot and will ensure that you get an even golden glow!
Book Your Sienna X Spray Tan Appointment at Segais Beauty Salon in Didcot
Book your spray tanning service in Didcot by calling us now on 01235 223826 or book your beauty appointment online here.